Here’s my top 11 random thoughts during a 25 mile bike ride in 90 degree weather today.
1. Is the wind ever, ever at your back? I mean ever?
2. And will I ever be able to catch my breath?
3. Why do I sweat another 30 minutes after I stop exercising?
4. Should I wear underwear under my tri-suit? It’s kind of like a swimsuit, so… (I’ve tried both ways and I don’t have a preference.)
5. Maybe I won’t do another triathlon.
6. Maybe I will do another triathlon.
7. Why do I have to see flattened frogs and chipmunks on the blacktop?
8. Why couldn’t I remember any other lyrics to “Clap For The Wolfman” by The Guess Who except…
Seventy-five or eighty miles per hour, she hollered slow, slow, slow
Baby, I can stop right on a dime
I said, hey, baby, give me just one kiss – she said no, no, no
Here are the complete lyrics on You Tube; it really is a fun song.
9. Screaming is a powerful tool. (Yes, there is a story here, but this is a short post, so I’ll save it until later.)
10. Sweat dripping in your eyes really does sting. If I wear a sweat band, will I look too 80’s?
11. Again, thanks to Coach Suzanne at Forging the Athlete for this quote: WE ARE CAPABLE OF MORE THAN WE THINK WE ARE! I kept repeating that over and over as I climbed hill after hill.
Four more days. (I really am excited.) ~ JD here.
PS: If you want the blow-by-blow of my running and triathlon experience, it’s on my A Running Journal page. 🙂